PNP teams track down 9 dismissed Jolo cops

National, News

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has deployed teams to track down nine dismissed police officers implicated in the fatal shooting of four Army intelligence operatives in Jolo last year.

PNP chief, Gen. Debold Sinas said the teams include  personnel from the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG), Intelligence Group (IG) and Police Regional Office-Bangsamoro Autonomous Region (PRO-BAR).

“According to reports, all of them are now in Jolo. We are negotiating with some, those who want to surrender have negotiated, they’re assured of safety,” Sinas told media, adding that if the nine dismissed cops will surrender, there will be no problem.

He said if the former police operatives believe they are innocent, they should surrender immediately to clear their names. Last January 12, the PNP released the nine cops due to the absence of arrest warrants despite the request of the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) to keep them in custody.

Last week, the Jolo Regional Trial Court ordered the arrest of the nine police officers — Senior M/Sgt. Abdelzhimar Padjiri; M/Sgt. Hanie Baddiri; S/Sgt. Iskandar Susulan; S/Sgt. Ernisar Sappal; Cpl. Sulki Andaki; Pat. Moh Nur Pasani; S/Sgt. Almudzrin Hadjaruddin; and Pat. Alkajal Mandangan on charges of murder and planting of evidence. No bail was recommended for their temporary liberty.

Killed in the June 29, 2020 incident were Maj. Marvin A. Indammog, 39; Capt. Irwin B. Managuelod, 33; Sgt. Jaime M. Velasco, 38, and Cpl. Abdal Asula, 33, who were then conducting intelligence and monitoring operations against two suspected suicide bombers when gunned down by the nine Jolo cops.

Leave a Reply